Resources for Django on WebFaction
Entry updated June 11, 2008 at 6:37 a.m.
It feels like forever ago that patrickbeeson.com and a few of my other sites were hosted on Dreamhost. That is, of course, an increasingly distant memory now that I'm served by WebFaction's nearly fire-proof boxes.
But making a Django environment stable wasn't as turn-key as their marketing might lead you to suspect (though it's easier than Dreamhost).
In an effort to help future WebFaction Djangonauts, here are some most-read posts from WebFaction's excellent user-forum and knowledgebase.
Note: WebFaction doesn't handle domain registration. You'll need to change your name servers to those used by WebFaction. Mine are still on Dreamhost.
- How do I stop/start/restart my Django Apache instance?
- How to fix errors like: ImportError: No module named django.core.management
- How do I serve static content?
- Running multiple Django sites from the same Apache/mod_python instance
- Serving the Django admin media directly from the main Apache server
- How do I run the latest Django trunk?
- Cron + Django Script
- For Newbies - deploying your Django app
- Running "manage.py syncdb"
- Using Robots.txt file under Django in WebFaction
- Sending e-mails from Django
- Deploying A Django Application
Note: If you're not careful in building your Django app, you will exceed your memory limit.
- How much memory am I using?
- Tips to keep your Django/mod_python memory usage down
- Memory usage
- A script which will display your memory usage
If you enjoyed this list of links, and are considering signing up for WebFaction, please use my affiliate link.