UT class presentation on mobile news
I obliged happily, being that mobile is a topic I hit on daily in my job as Content Manager with Scripps.
Most of my presentation focused on the challenges that Scripps and the industry are tackling currently. Fortunately, Wired supplied a great anecdote to kick-off the discussion with their "The Web is Dead" story.
You can view the entire presentation on Google Docs:
Please excuse the "app for that" pun in the title.
Here are some of the links I used in the making of this presentation:
- The Web is Dead
- Mary Meeker: Mobile Internet Will Soon Overtake Fixed Internet
- 25 Billion Mobile App Downloads by 2015
- Mobile Access 2010
- Smartphone User Survey: A glimpse into the mobile lives of college students
- News for smartphones
- Kindle Books Outselling Hardcover Books. “Tipping Point” Reached, Amazon Says
- The ABCs of E-Reading
- All iPhone apps by Scripps
- All Kindle editions by Scripps
- Free: The Future of a Radical Price